Join the future of Private Equity!
We are changing the Private Equity game, bringing unmatched capital deployment, impact and returns to growth focused and value additive private investors. Looking for a remote-first, selfless, high-performance, & continuously innovating global team? Join us as we build the intelligent future of private equity investing.
Software Engineer - Level 1
Acqwired is a high-growth software and services business serving the private equity investment industry by helping PE, growth equity and VC Firms, Investment Banks, Search Funds and Family Offices prioritize, break into and build high quality relationships with top investment prospects so that they can exceed their annual capital deployment goals, and ultimately generate superior investment returns. Acqwired is built for private accredited investment partners who demand superior direct sourcing performance.
About The Role
As a Software Engineer L1 (SEL1), your analytical and technical skills will directly impact the quality of the applications we create, and the daily professional working lives of our high-profile customers. SEL1’s should be passionate about developing high-quality solutions to achieve business needs and in coordination with the CTO and development team, will be involved in all aspects of the software development lifecycle including technical design, implementation, testing, deployment and support of cutting-edge applications.
Measures of Success
- Timely and accurate delivery of assigned work.
- Highly positive customer NPS for products related to SEL1’s work.
- Hunger for knowledge with the ability to learn and apply new learnings quickly.
- Support design, development, testing and deployment of backend services and UI components using ReactJS, NodeJS and NextJS (as well as other languages, libraries, frameworks, and environments as needed) in support of server-side business logic and user workflows of the application.
- Develop, document, and advocate SOLID software architecture practices.
- Contribute to a DevOps culture and development of continuous integration processes and tools.
- Adhering to established methodologies while continuously analyzing processes for improved performance and adaptability.
- Contribute to the success of your team and company.
- Manage multiple projects and completing deliverables simultaneously, modulating work between frontend and backend work as required, delivering on schedule in a fast-paced environment.
- Undergraduate studies in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Software Development, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or relevant experience. Completion of undergraduate degree not required.
- Basic understanding of software development life cycle
- Basic understanding of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP)
- Analytical self-starter with an ability to troubleshoot and seek answers to problems
- Results-oriented with ability to handle multiple tasks, and deliver projects in a timely fashion
- Proactive self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and strong work ethic capable of thriving in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of autonomy
- Highly collaborative with excellent communication (written and verbal) skills, interpersonal skills, and ability to work well in a team structure
- Selfless team-first mindset, with ability to work independently and interdependently within a team environment, collaborating with motivated and highly skilled teammates. To us, this means being empathetic, being a good listener, sharing your knowledge and co-creating an environment where great ideas can rise from anyone in the organization.
- Is passionate about their work, motivated to learn and constantly looking to improve
- Exhibit a positive and professional attitude on a daily basis with team members
- Discipline to manage workload while working remotely
- Remote-first company, with flexible work environment
- Culture that expects exceptional and principled performance, but with young kids and families ourselves, recognizes and appreciates that business is human-first
- Opportunity to learn about the private and alternatives investment markets including private equity groups, VC firms, investment banking, family offices, institutional investors, and corporate strategic acquirers.